Tuesday 3 December 2013

Poster Sketch




























The main character is in the foreground to convey his importance and centrally framed to add emphasis on the male, the dominant role. The knife in the characters hand is there to symbolise his wayward lifestyle and the microphone is in binary opposition to that by conveying his dreams, faith and hope to escape his from his lifestyle that may lead him near death on in prison. As you can see I placed his girlfriend on the right where his microphone is showing her support of him to abandon his negative lifestyle and focus on his talent he posses which is rap and follow his dreams, and his friends that influence him negatively are deliberately positioned on the left side where the knife is to show how they support his bad lifestyle and want him to carry on going down the road his going and not in support of his dreams.

Created by Sean Okpa



























This is my sketch of a possible design that we could use when creating our poster. I envisioned splitting the poster into two; the city of London which I represented by using images of the Shard and Gherkin and the city of London where our protagonist lives. I also wanted to illustrate the hypothetical 'split path' that our protagonist could take in a literal way. I did this by drawing a path with split roads leading to his friends or his pregnant girlfriend. I aimed to implement the purpose of are trailer which is dreams and escapism through every aspect of our poster, including the title. I focused on having 'Dream' in a dreamy or bubbly font which would connotate the happiness of a dream whereas the 'Z' was written in the same italic handwriting as 'the hood' which would add edge to the title which I believe our film represents.


Comparing my sketch to an existing Social Realism poster, I've reevaluated what I expect to be on our poster. The Shifty Poster doesn't detract from the main characters as it is on a very plain background whereas on the poster I had designed there was a lot to focus on from the buildings to the main character to his friends and girlfriend. On my poster design, I focused too much on the actual images and including a title, rather than including the other necessary conventions of a film poster such as the film ratings and sell lines.

Created by Abena Amoako

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.