Thursday 30 January 2014

Independent Film Magazine: Front Cover Selection

This is one of the photos I was considering to use for my independent magazine front cover. However down to a strong and hard thought about it i didn't end up using because I thought that my facial expression looked to serious which may put off some viewers. Also the posture may appeal to the male audience as it portrays a violence and aggression and disregard the female audience
With this photo I liked it because of the clarity of  it as it is vital to have a clear photo on the front cover. Also unlike the first photo my facial expression does not look to serious at all, appealing to both male and female audience which is the aim of every magazine, to try to appeal to as much people as it can to gain more recognition. However I did not use it because I am not giving eye contact to the camera, I'm looking away from the lens. I personally believe the best way to gain an audience attention is through eye contact which is why I didn't end up using the photo.
 This is the photo i chose to be for my front cover. I chose this photo for many reasons, the clarity which I said before is important, my facial expression is composed  and also the background. The difference between this picture and the others is that this picture has an background that connotes my genre which is 'social realism'  the leafless trees in the woods connotes poverty and struggle and through that there is a pathway which metaphorically leads me to my 'dreams' which relates back to the title of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.