Monday 10 February 2014

Dreamz in the Hood Poster - Draft 3

Created by Abena Amoako
This is the second draft of the 'Dreamz in the Hood' poster that I have created. There has been a significant improvement in the development of this poster since the first draft as I have included more of the necessary conventions that is required of a film poster.

On this update I included our film title 'Dreamz in the Hood' which I decided to place centrally as it will draw my target audiences attention to the actual film so that  they remember the purpose of the poster rather than being distracted by the other features on the poster.

Because there are other dominating features on the poster such as the tag line, images and title I wanted to keep any additional features at a minimum. Through researching other existing social realism posters such as 'Shifty' and 'Bullet Boy' I noticed that a common convention was the critical ratings that the films received. For this reason I added two ratings, one five star and the other four by 'Empire' magazine and 'the Guardian' which are often seen to give ratings to films of this genre. I felt as though handwriting this in a graffiti type font using the 'pen tool' further anchored the social realism genre as graffiti usually has connotations of less developed areas or "the hood".

To this updated version, I also added names of the main actors at the top of the poster. This will further attract an audience to the watching the film as people become interested in the performance of the actors within the film, especially if they have identified with them elsewhere previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.