Sunday 13 April 2014

Independent Magazine: From First to Final Draft

This was my first draft of my independent magazine.We chose this photo because it is centrally framed and it has eye contact with the audience which enforces its mode of address which i thought was useful as a front cover of a magazine has to engage with its target audience. i decided to keep this draft quite simple to follow the conventions of a independent film magazine by keeping the sell lines to a minimal. Also with the typography I tried to design it in a way it looks youthful to allow me to connect with my target audience












This is my second draft of my independent film magazine. As you can see I changed the background to my image as I thought the woods in my first draft didn't anchor my genre as much. However I replaced my previous background with an block of flats estate which through research anchors my genre well, also i thought adding a sell line making it clear to my audience that my magazine is a independent film magazine. I kept the typography the same but had a little play about with the colour scheme and changed my masthead colour to black which was previously blue. The reason for my change in colour is because I wanted to keep my colours consistent and just use 3 different colours as in comparison to my first draft i used a range of colours which doesn't make my magazine colour scheme consistent.






This is my final version to my independent film magazine and there is evident progression from my first and second draft to my final version. As you can see from the three pieces I have kept the same image but have just manipulated it more and more, the difference between this image from my second draft is that I manipulated the complexion of my face making it much more clearer as I thought in my first and second draft my complexion looked quite dull due to the poor quality of the camera but I made full good use of the Photoshop software and  solved the problem .Furthermore I made some changes to my background, I kept the same image but manipulated the colour and tuned down the colour making it look gloomy and less exotic as in my second draft the bright colours didn't really anchor my genre as much as I wanted it too. The dark colour scheme conveys my story line and its mainstream convention of the social realism genre. Due to the change in colour to my background my masthead colour had to change and couldn't stay black because it would clash with the background making the clarity difficult to recognise. However I researched colour schemes online and found out that red is a brilliant colour on black as it has various meanings like 'love and hate', 'danger and fate' etc. I changed the colour scheme from my previous draft as I thought the change was inevitable but I am contempt with my new colour scheme.




Created by Sean Okpa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.